Apr 6, 2020
Minnesota Wild to Host American Red Cross Blood Drive at Xcel Energy Center April 15
Donating blood products is essential to community health and the need for blood products is constant. As part of our nation's critical infrastructure, healthy individuals can still donate in areas that have issued shelter in place declarations.
To register and for more information on donor eligibility, please visit redcrossblood.org or the Red Cross Blood Donor App and use the sponsor code "MNWILD." All blood types are needed, and space is limited. An appointment is required to participate in this blood drive. Participants registered for this blood drive are not allowed to bring additional guests.
Free parking will be available for all staff, volunteers and donors participating in this blood drive in the RiverCentre Parking Ramp located off of Kellogg Boulevard. Doors for the event will open at 9:30 a.m. at Gate 1.
In addition to standard safety protocols, the Minnesota Wild, Xcel Energy Center and the Red Cross will be taking numerous safety precautions to adhere to Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines, such as:
- Checking temperatures of staff, donors and volunteers before entering the drive to make sure they are healthy.
- Providing hand sanitizer for use before the drive, as well as throughout the donation process.
- Following social distancing between donors including entry, queuing, donation and refreshment areas.
- Routinely disinfecting surfaces, equipment and donor-touched areas.
- Wearing gloves and changing gloves often.
- Using sterile collection sets and an aseptic scrub for every donation.
- Wearing masks by staff and volunteers.
Following their donation, all donors will receive:
- Autographed Mikko Koivu canvas.
- Autographed Zach Parise canvas.
- $20 gift card courtesy of the Hockey Lodge valid online or, when applicable, in-store.
- Custom co-branded Minnesota Wild and Michelob Golden Light 16 oz. beer glass courtesy of Anheuser-Busch.
- Additionally, all donors will be offered Jack Link's Beef Steak Strips courtesy of Jack Link's, Coca-Cola products such as DASANI water courtesy of Levy, and other snacks courtesy of the Red Cross once blood has been given.
For more information on how to find local blood donation opportunities, visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED-CROSS.
About the American Red Cross
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org or cruzrojaamericana.org, or on Twitter at @RedCross.
About Anheuser-Busch #OneTeam Initiative
For more than 165 years, Anheuser-Busch has been woven into the cultural fabric of the United States, carrying on a legacy of brewing great-tasting, high-quality beers that have satisfied beer drinkers for generations. Today, they own and operate 23 breweries, 14 distributorships and 23 agricultural and packaging facilities, and have more than 18,000 colleagues across the United States. They are home to several of America's most recognizable beer brands, including Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob ULTRA and Stella Artois, as well as a number of regional brands that provide beer drinkers with a choice of the best-tasting craft beers in the industry. From responsible drinking programs and emergency drinking water donations to industry-leading sustainability efforts, they are guided by our unwavering commitment to supporting the communities they call home. For more information, visit anheuser-busch.com or follow Anheuser-Busch on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
As part of a $5 million donation to the American Red Cross, Anheuser-Busch alongside its sports partners will identify available arenas and stadiums to be used for temporary blood drive centers. Anheuser-Busch tour centers in Merrimack, NH, and St. Louis, MO, will also be made available to the Red Cross.