Minnesota Wild Joins UNFCCC's Sports For Climate Action InitiativeView All News
The Minnesota Wild today announced details of its commitment to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Sports for Climate Action initiative, aimed at supporting and guiding sports organizations and their stakeholders in achieving global climate change goals. As part of Xcel Energy Center's year-long celebration of 10 years of exceptional sustainability practices, the Wild announced joining the initiative on Sept. 10, 2019.
Sports for Climate Action works towards two goals:
1. Achieving a clear trajectory for the global sports community to combat climate change, through commitments and partnerships according to verified standards, including measuring, reducing, and reporting greenhouse gas emissions, in line with the well below 2 degree scenario enshrined in the Paris Agreement.
2. Using sports as a unifying tool to federate and create solidarity among global citizens for climate action.
All participants commit to a set of five principles and incorporate them into strategies, policies and procedures. The five principles are:
- Promote greater environmental responsibility.
- Reduce the overall climate impact from sports.
- Use platforms to educate for climate action.
- Promote sustainable and responsible consumption.
- Advocate for climate action through our communications.
To reaffirm its commitment to sustainability practices, the Wild will have a special Raptor Center ticket offer featured on Tuesday, Dec. 10 at 7 p.m. against the Anaheim Ducks, presented by Thomson Reuters. Tickets start at $49 and includes a $5 donation back to The Raptor Center. The organization will also be on-site to showcase three of their birds of prey and educate fans on their mission to ensure the health of raptors and the world. The Raptor Center will be located at Section 113. To purchase tickets, visit wild.com/raptorcenter.
The Minnesota Wild will also host its Green Night on Monday, March 23 against the Colorado Avalanche, which will coincide with NHL Green™ the League's month-long annual sustainability initiative, and will feature sustainability themes during in-game elements, arena displays and fan contests.
Minnesota Wild single-game tickets for the 2019-20 season are on sale now at the Xcel Energy Center Box Office, wild.com/tix and ticketmaster.com. For information about Season Tickets, including 11-game, half season and full season plans, please visit tickets.wild.com or contact a Wild Ticket Sales Representative by calling or texting 651-222-WILD.
Visit www.wild.com/pressbox for the latest news and information from the team including press releases, game notes, postgame multimedia and game day statistics.
-- WILD --