Mar 5, 2019
Avoid Traffic Delays by Using Alternate Routes to Downtown Saint Paul on Saturday
Patrons planning to attend events at or near Xcel Energy Center, Saint Paul RiverCentre and Roy Wilkins Auditorium in downtown Saint Paul on Saturday, March 9 should allow extra time and use alternate routes to avoid traffic congestion. In addition to several events taking place, West 7th Street will be closed from Walnut Street to Kellogg Boulevard and Chestnut Street from Exchange Street to Smith Avenue from noon until 2 a.m. for LuckyPalooza on West 7th. Click here for a map of the road closures.
Heavier traffic is expected due to the following events:
- MSHSL Boys' State Hockey Tournament - Xcel Energy Center
- Let's Play Hockey Expo - Saint Paul RiverCentre
- Beyond The Stars Dance Competition - Roy Wilkins Auditorium
Due to extremely limited availability in the Kellogg and RiverCentre Parking Ramps, event parkers are directed to park in one of the many other downtown parking ramps and lots. Click here for more detailed information.
SOME OTHER TIPS
- The City of Saint Paul has a free interactive parking app that includes information about on and off-street parking options, rates and more. To use the app, visit stpaul.gov/parking and enter your destination.
Free rides from Metro Transit with downloadable pass.
Make a day of it! Come to Saint Paul early to dine or shop.
Whenever possible, carpool, Lyft or Uber.
View the latest traffic reports by visiting MnDOT's website.
- Check the latest weather reports before you hit the road.