The safety of our guests and employees is of the utmost importance.
We have diligently worked to ensure enhanced health and safety measures are in place for our guests and our employees so we can all enjoy Wild games, concerts and other events we love with confidence and peace of mind.
Xcel Energy Center and the Minnesota Wild are the first sports and entertainment venue in the country and first NHL team to be Ecolab Science Certified. Our fans can return to Xcel Energy Center knowing we are committed to a higher level of cleanliness.
The items and procedures listed here are all subject to change.
For Minnesota Wild updates, please visit wild.com.
PROTOCOLS VARY BASED ON EVENT. PLEASE VISIT THE SHOW'S EVENT PAGE FOR COMPLETE DETAILS AND REQUIRED ATTENDANCE PROTOCOLS.
In the best interest of fans and staff, event organizers will continue to monitor local COVID-19 trends and meet or exceed protocols mandated by local governments.
By purchasing tickets to events at Xcel Energy Center, unless prohibited by law, you agree to abide by the health and safety measures in effect at the time of the event, which may include, but not be limited to, wearing masks, providing proof of vaccination status and/or providing proof of negative COVID-19 test.
Effective January 26, 2022:
Face Coverings (Required): In accordance with Mayor Melvin Carter's Emergency Executive Order 2022-2, face coverings are required inside Xcel Energy Center, except when eating or drinking. View details of Emergency Order 2022-2 here.
Required Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID-19 Test for Events with Food & Beverage: In accordance with Mayor Melvin Carter's Emergency Executive Order 2022-4, proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test obtained within 72 hours of entry to the event is required for events with food or beverage.
Emergency Executive Order 2022-4
Proof of Vaccination Documentation: Proof of a completed vaccination series against COVID-19 means presentation of a CDC-provided card, photograph of card, other government-approved record of vaccination, or an application approved by a government entity (e.g. Docket) to hold immunization information in conjunction with any photo identification that includes a photograph and name of the individual. A photo identification is not required for individuals under the age of 18.
Completed Vaccination Series Definition: Completed vaccination series means two weeks following completion of any CDC approved vaccination series, including: A 2-dose series of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or a single dose COVID-19 vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine).
Negative COVID-19 Option: A negative COVID-19 test obtained within 72 hours of entry to the event means an email, printout, or screen shot with the name of the individual and the test result showing the date of the test in conjunction with any photo identification that includes a photograph and name of the individual. A photo identification is not required for individuals under the age of 18. At-home tests do NOT meet this requirement.
Check back often for updates to the event venue website as guidelines are subject to change at any time.
Minnesota Vaccine Connector can be found here.
Free COVID testing locations can be found here.
NO BAGS PERMITTED
NO BAGS are permitted inside the arena to help reduce staff touchpoints and expedite entry times for guests. This includes clutches, clear bags, purses, backpacks, fanny packs, etc. Medical and diaper bags are permitted at Gate 1 and are subject to x-ray screening.
CLEANING AND SANITIZING / ECOLAB SCIENCE CERTIFIED
Xcel Energy Center and the Minnesota Wild have joined the Ecolab Science Certified™ program to meet consumer expectations for a higher level of cleanliness. Xcel Energy Center becomes the first sports and entertainment venue in the country to earn the Ecolab Science Certified seal.
This comprehensive, science-based program is built on Ecolab’s long-standing experience in keeping healthcare facilities clean, bringing the same expertise used in hospitals to the places people eat, stay, shop, work and play. The program combines this healthcare expertise with hospital disinfectants and food-contact sanitizers approved for use during the COVID-19 pandemic with public health and food safety protocols and training, and periodic auditing. Consumers can visit Xcel Energy Center with confidence, knowing what’s behind the Ecolab Science Certified seal.
We clean and disinfect with EPA-approved disinfectants including:
- Ecolab QC 57 Peroxide Multi-Surface Cleaner and Disinfectant
- Ecolab Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Wipes
There are more than 500 Ecolab touchless hand sanitizer units throughout the arena including:
- Concourses for each seating section
- Concession stands
- Entry gates, lobbies, throughout the concourses, by elevators, locker room corridor and press level
Employees using gloves are required to change them regularly to avoid contamination.
Employees are encouraged to wash and sanitize hands frequently.
Public & High Touch Areas
- MicrobeCare™, a fast-acting antimicrobial from Minnesota based company Microbe Armour, covalently bonds to nearly any surface to create a long-lasting, invisible barrier of protection against viruses & bacteria, including human coronavirus, has been applied to surfaces throughout the arena.
- Use of electrostatic sprayers for multiple surfaces including hard-to-reach places such as the side, underside and backside of surfaces and furnishings.
- NanoSeptic self-cleaning adhesive skins continuously eliminate bacteria and are placed on high touch door handles and elevator buttons.
- Escalator handrails have been retrofitted with KONE Handrail Sterilizer which uses a UV sterilization module to continuously eliminate harmful bacteria on handrail surfaces.
- Public areas of the venue are cleaned and sanitized on an ongoing and frequent basis. Public areas include but are not limited to: entrances/exits, lobbies, skyway, concourses, elevators, stairwells, escalators, restrooms and nursing mother’s rooms.
- High touch point areas within these spaces include but are not limited to: door handles, handrails, elevator buttons, trash and recycling receptacles, guest services desks, circulation furniture, tables and chairs, and concession stands.
Shared facility operational equipment is kept to a limited number of users and is cleaned and sanitized after every use.
Wherever possible, spaces will be locked or closed off after cleaning until designated next use to prevent recontamination.
HEATING, VENTILATION AND AIR CONDITIONING (HVAC)
- All facility HVAC filtration systems have been upgraded to MERV-13 air filters.
- All HVAC systems run at full economizer levels as outside air conditions allow.
- Relative humidity levels of RH 40-60% are maintained.
- HVAC systems have extended operating time to enhance the ability to filter air contaminants.
- A flush cycle added to the HVAC system controls operates the system two hours before and after occupancy.
- HVAC system is checked and rebalanced to provide negative air pressure whenever possible.
- HVAC fan speeds are managed to minimize air flow circulation across groups of people.
- Xcel Energy Center is the first NHL arena to receive EIC/SES Gold certification including the category of air quality.
- Most restrooms are equipped with automated sinks, Ecolab touchless soap dispensers, paper towel dispensers, toilets and urinals.
- Mobile ordering for concessions and Minnesota Wild merchandise during home games allows for contacless payment and order pick up.
- Mobile (Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.) or credit card payment for concessions, retail and parking transactions. Credit card payment for box office transactions.
- Digital tickets are the safest way for guests to receive and manage tickets as they eliminate significant contact points. Pedestal ticket scanners at entry gates allow fans to self-scan mobile tickets providing contactless entry. Digital tickets are protected by Ticketmaster’s SafeTix™ technology. SafeTix™ continually generates a new and unique barcode that automatically refreshes every few seconds so the barcode cannot be stolen or copied, keeping your tickets safe and secure.
INNOVATIVE HEALTH AND SAFETY TECHNOLOGIES
Implementing innovative technology solutions has enabled Xcel Energy Center to expand health and safety preparations to the next level for our guests, not only for the short term, but for years to come.
MicrobeCare™, a fast-acting antimicrobial from Minnesota based company Mircobe Armour, that covalently bonds to nearly any surface to create a long-lasting, invisible barrier of protection against viruses & bacteria, including human coronavirus, has been applied to surfaces throughout the arena.
- When microbes come into contact with a surface protected with MicrobeCare™ technology, it destroys the cell wall of the microbes, disrupting the growth process and making it unable to reproduce, effectively destroying the organism
- Covalent bond permanently affixes MicrobeCare™ to nearly any surface
- Fast acting saline base starts killing microbes immediately while also speeding dry-time to 20 minutes
KONE Escalator Handrail Sterilizer: Xcel Energy Center installed KONE Handrail Sanitizer, an escalator handrail cleaning solution that uses a type of ultraviolet light (UV-C) to continuously clean the handrail when the escalators are in use. The solution is installed inside the escalator handrail, preventing exposure to users. Both of our escalators feature this technology.