The Night Before - Dave Matthews Band
The Night Before - Dave Matthews Band
Dave Matthews Band will headline THE NIGHT BEFORE show at Xcel Energy Center on Saturday, February 3, 2018. CBS Radio and On Location Experiences have partnered to produce a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience the night before the big game.
With a career spanning 25 years, Dave Matthews Band is one of the most influential bands in rock history. Formed in Charlottesville, VA in 1991, Dave Matthews Band’s infectious and distinctive sound garnered lots of early attention and a die-hard loyal fan base, catapulting the band into one of the most successful touring acts of the past two decades.
The group has since released eight studio albums and numerous live recordings, selling a collective 38 million CDs and DVDs combined since the 1994 release of its major label debut, Under the Table and Dreaming. The GRAMMY®-winning band’s many hits include "What Would You Say," "Crash Into Me," "Too Much," "Everyday," "American Baby," "Funny The Way It Is" and "Mercy." In 2009, the band released Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King. With 2012’s Away From The World bowing at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, Dave Matthews Band became the first group in chart history to have six consecutive studio albums debut atop the chart.
First Entry for Warehouse Fan Club Members
Attention Warehouse Fan Club Members:
"First Entry" for Warehouse Fan Club members with a Warehouse printed ticket will be facilitated at the Gate 1 entrance of Xcel Energy Center beginning at 6:30 p.m. "First Entry" is optional and requires a Warehouse printed ticket.
The Night Before Tailgate Party
Saturday, February 3 from 2:00 – 6:30 PM
Join 104.1 JACK FM at The Night Before Tailgate Party! Located in a heated tent in the parking lot across from Xcel Energy Center Gate 2. Remy will be broadcasting live from 2:00 – 6:00 PM. JACK music, games and prizes plus food and beverages. Free and open to the public.
Dining and Happy Hour
The Mich Golden Light Fan Zone, located at Gate 4 of the arena, will open at 5:30 p.m. and will offer happy hour pricing from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. plus a full-service bar and dinner menu.
Patrons coming to Xcel Energy Center on Saturday, Feb. 3 should allow extra time and use alternate routes to avoid traffic congestion.
Heavier traffic is expected due to the following events taking place this Saturday:
- Saint Paul Winter Carnival - Ice Palace, Ice Carvings and many other events
- St. Paul Saints Super Slide - CHS Field (10 a.m. - 10 p.m.)
- Wells Fargo WinterSkate - Rice Park (11 a.m. - 10 p.m.)
- Team USA Olympic Spirit WinterFest Celebration - Rice Park (Noon - 8 p.m.)
- Taste of the NFL's Party with a Purpose © - Saint Paul RiverCentre (7 - 11 p.m.)
- Minnesota Opera's Dead Man Walking - Ordway Center for the Performing Arts (7:30 - 10:30 p.m.)
- The Night Before - Dave Matthews Band - Xcel Energy Center (7:30 p.m.)
Xcel Energy Center is located at the intersection of Kellogg Boulevard and West 7th Street in downtown Saint Paul. The venue is serviced by two parking ramps (RiverCentre and Kellogg) directly connected to the complex. Click here for more information.
- The City of Saint Paul has launched a new, free interactive parking app that includes information about on and off-street parking options, rates and more. To use the app, visit stpaul.gov/parking and enter your destination.
- Uber to downtown Saint Paul - use promo code STPAUL for a first ride free up to $20 off. New users only.
- Check out Metro Transit's dedicated Super Bowl transportation page and download their app.
- Make a day of it! Come to Saint Paul early to dine or shop.
- Whenever possible, carpool.
- View the latest traffic reports by visiting MnDOT's website.
- Check the latest weather reports before you hit the road.
Unfortunately, Xcel Energy Center does not have a coat check available.
To provide a safer environment and significantly expedite guest entry into the arena, Xcel Energy Center encourages you to not bring a bag to an event or to limit the size of bag that you bring. We suggest clear totes (plastic, vinyl or PVC) which do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12", gallon size plastic storage bags or small bags or clutch purses no larger than 4.5" x 6.5". Oversized bags and backpacks are prohibited.
Mobile tickets are like an airline boarding pass which can be accessed with a smartphone via the Ticketmaster app or mobile site in a QR code format and scanned at the gate for entry. Click here for more information.