Wild “Shave-Off” Marks Start of Team’s Stanley Cup Playoff Run
Former Minnesota Wild Captain Wes Walz, members of the Minneapolis Beard and Moustache Club and other local celebrities will get a clean shave before growing playoff beards for the Minnesota Wild Beard-A-ThonView All News
MINNESOTA WILD "SHAVE-OFF" FOR THE PLAYOFFS AT XCEL ENERGY CENTER TUESDAY, APRIL 30
Former Minnesota Wild Captain Wes Walz, members of the Minneapolis Beard and Moustache Club and other local celebrities will get a clean shave before growing playoff beards for the Minnesota Wild Beard-A-Thon
SAINT PAUL, Minn. – On Tuesday, April 30 at 11:30 a.m., Saint Paul Mayor Chris Coleman will kick off the 2013 Stanley Cup® Playoffs as former Minnesota Wild Captain Wes Walz, members of the Minneapolis Beard and Moustache Club, KFAN radio personalities Cory Cove and Chris Hawkey and Wild mascot Nordy get a clean shave at the Minnesota Wild “Shave-Off” for the Playoffs event.
Fans are also invited to the arena from 11:30 a.m. through 1:30 p.m. to enjoy a complimentary shave (must be 18+). Any person getting a free shave will receive a free pack of razors and a “Blood, Sweat and Beards” t-shirt (based on availability).
Other event highlights include:
• Live music provided by barbershop quartet the Minnesota Go-4's
• Appearance by the FSN Girls
• The first 250 fans in attendance will receive a complimentary hot dog, bag of chips and 20 oz. beverage
• Fans can register to win two playoff tickets to the first home playoff game
• Photo opportunities for fans of all ages, including “before” and “after” photos taken of those who receive a free shave
• Fans who make a $10 donation to the Minnesota Wild Beard-A-Thon will receive a Minnesota Wild vintage bobblehead (based on availability)
• Playoff merchandise available for purchase at The Hockey Lodge
• Single-game playoff tickets available for purchase at the Xcel Energy Center Box Office, subject to availability
**Please contact Jora Bart at c: 651-260-8728 or Reina Porritt at c: 651-261-9689 for assistance with covering the event.**